Monday, March 17, 2014

A VINTAGE JOURNEY CHALLENGE 1 ALL THINGS TIM

I would like to enter this tag into A Vintage Journey's inaugural Challenge "All Things Tim".  The challenge and work of the brand new A Vintage Journey DT may be found HERE.

My project is made using TH Alterations Movers & Shapers MINI CLIPBOARD AND BOTTOM and ANTIQUE ALARM CLOCK.  Mr. Holtz was  kind enough to send a link to a video explaining how to use the clipboard die and the video may be seen HERE.  The die makes a clipboard which is functional.   I started my tag out with a large manila tag and using TH paper, TH stamps, TH layering stencils, TH DI's and DS's, I prepared the background.  I then ran the tag through the Big Kick using the clipboard die after I decided how big I wanted the clip board to be.  The top of the clipboard and the bottom piece were then painted using TH DS brushed pewter.



Next step was to prepare the piece to slip into the clip board.  Again, using TH stamps and DI's, I prepared the top piece and then layered with 2 patterned papers.  The "Post Card" is not glued down, but rather is held by the clip and bottom pieces
.

Next, using TH Alterations Movers and Shapers Vintage Alarm Clock, I cut the  clock out of grunge board and inked it with Fired Brick DS and then distressed it with Black Soot.  This is the first time I've used this sweet die and I love it.



My project theme is Live The Life You've Imagined, which Mr. Holtz is always encouraging us to do.  There are tickets tucked onto the card and the card is tabbed "Notes" (the tan was cut from TH Tiny Tabs and Tags".  I can envision someone keeping this Post Card clipboard and adding things to it as they dream.


Thank you for the opportunity to enter The Vintage Journey's very first challenge.  This tag is also being entered into Frilly and Funkie's March Challenge "Neglected Dies" and Country View Challenge Paper Chase.

Jayne

















4 comments:

  1. Hi Jayne. Your vintage pieces are very cool! You've proven that vintage doesn't necessarily have to be anything but color! I love your bright colors and how you've popped them into your vintage tags. I also love all of the Tim elements you've added to them...the die cuts, the labels and the stamps. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at A Vintage Journey. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy, thank you so much for your kind comments!!

      Delete
  2. Very cool tag Jayne. Love the vintage feel. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jayne, the way you have used the Tim clipboard die brilliantly and the added slip looks fabulous. Thanks for travelling on A Vintage Journey and sharing your gorgeous project with us.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete