Saturday, January 4, 2014

TIM HOLTZ 12 Tags of 2014 challenge JANUARY TAG

The inspiration-rich TIM HOLTZ is mentoring the 12 TAGS OF 2014 CHALLENGE.  Mr. Holtz is a wealth of inspiration, technique, instruction, and creativity.  If you want to learn new techniques, you much check out his blog.

Loved TH's inspiration tag which combined Steam Punk, grunge (my fav), metal work, distress inks, rub-on's, and lots of other techniques all of which can be studied HERE.  This is my interpretation.


I began my background with a combination of Brushed Pewter and Broken China (heavy on the Brushed Pewter) DP.  I followed that with a clock-work stencil and grunge stamps.  I used TH's rub-on numbers in the left top corner.  My TH clock die is the grandfather wall clock and I cut the body from black CS and the face of the clock using the metal technique described in TH's demonstration.  Since I did not have any TH foil, I used foil tape from the hardware store (in the plumbing department).  It worked fine except it does not hold the color of DP's or DI's nearly as well. 


 I embossed with a gears embossing folder and put as much Black Soot DI as the tape would hold.  I attached the gears/clock works inside the clock body. 

 Next, using Enjoy the Journey TH stamp set, the sentiment was stamped on TH paper, as well as the words onto banners.  I finished off with the paintbrush spritzing technique with black DP.  Seam binding died with Brushed Pewter DS is my trimming with a charm attached.


I'm looking forward to participating in the TH challenge this year.  It will be my first year.  A little nervous!  He's a hard act to follow!





2 comments: